Shards of Destiny
he caanar are a race of canine humanoids with a very respectable heritage. Caanar can have the characteristics of any canine breed. The caanar are a head strong and righteous race with strong ties to king and country. It’s not uncommon to see caanar knights in servitude to kings and noblemen of many different lands. The caanar are a very calm and hard to provoke, although if faith or loved ones are at risk, they leap to the battle lines without hesitation. Loyalty and honor are among the highest valued qualities by caanar. They revere their elders and usually follow the laws of the land without question.
Caanar with heavier coats tend to pant a lot and sometimes shed in the spring and summer months. It’s common for caanar not to wear shoes unless in arctic climates or areas that the terrain is unsafe. caanar tend to age a bit faster than most of the other races. They generally reach maturity around age 12 and usually remain active till around age 55.
Caanar prefer to use melee weapons in combat but will use ranged weapons if they have to. The caanar truly enjoy the company of most of the races except the talma and morgron. They tend to judge these races stereo-typically and find it hard to build a trust for them.
As a caanar you have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Adjustment: Your starting Wisdom scores increase by 1.
- Size: Medium.
- Speed: 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: You can see in dim light as well as you do in bright light.
- Blood Hound: You have advantage on all checks made to track.
- Fleet of Foot: Your speed is increases by 5 feet.
- Languages: Barterspeak and Caanar
- Subrace: Choose a subrace. Two subraces are described here: Sharpfang and Longsnout.
Sharpfang caanar thrive in the wild, and keep their teeth razor sharp as a weapon, should the need arise. Viscous and strong, sharpfang caanar rely somewhat less on their senses and more on their savagery to overwhelm opponents. These caanar are not overly common in the world, and are usually only found as small nomadic tribes.
- Ability Score Adjustment: Your starting Strength increases by 1.
- Feral Bite: You have a natual bite attack that you are proficient with and inflicts 1d6 points of damage.
Longsnout caanar are slightly more refined than their feral sharptooth cousins, and keep their teeth politely dulled, and see the act of using them as a weapon as demeaning. Instead they are renowned for their keen sense of smell and hearing. They are also generally more alert and cautious of their surroundings than most other races, except maybe elves and avaelyn.
- Ability Score Adjustment: Your starting Intelligence increases by 1.
- Keen Senses: You have advantage on all Wisdom checks to listen and spot.
Caanar Random Breed Chart
Roll 1d20 or expand this chart as you like.
See also: Races